We are extremely happy to record the next episodes of our vlog about massage chairs. Today we present an episode in which we explain the difference between the automatic program and the massage technique. Often when buying a massage chair we are asked how many automatic programs it has and which massage techniques are available. Therefore, in this episode Paweł tells us what's the difference between the two solutions and what are the advantages of each of them.
- Automatic programs and techniques in massage chairs (polish version)
- Massage techniques available in a massage chair
- Shiatsu massage in a massage chair
- Intensity and speed of massage in the massage chair
If you are thinking about a massage chair and you haven't had a chance to watch the other episodes of our vlog yet, check out the VLOG category. And if you have any questions after watching it, feel free to contact us.
- Paweł, I've read on your website about automatic programs, manual programs. How do they differ?
- To illustrate it, I could compare it to driving a car on my own and being in an automatic car, which chooses the route and the speed. Driving on your own, you have to control and adjust everything. The same goes for manual and automatic programs in massage chairs. Manual programs are primarily massage techniques that are performed by the massaging arms located in the backrest. Massage techniques consist of a single stroke, a sequence, which means here we are dealing with kneading, shiatsu massage or tapping, different single massage techniques. In manual programs we can configure these massage techniques, but also add leg massage, heating, airbag massage and various peripheral functions. What is important, in manual programs and in massage techniques we can adjust the speed of movement independently, we can adjust the intensity of the pressure in some models. We can also determine the point at which the technique is to be initiated. If we feel any tension in the lumbar region or at the lumbosacral spine, we can direct the massager there, guide to the point and at that particular point where we feel discomfort, for example, turn on the kneading and massage.
- So in fact, the massage technique and manual program are almost the same?
- Yes, it's almost the same. The massage technique is what we mainly do during the manual program, that is, the core of the massage delivered by the chair, plus peripheral functions. What we manually configure ourselves.
And the other side is the automatic program in which the entire massage cycle is already configured in advance. Here everything happens automatically. The chair selects the massage techniques itself, activates the peripheral features such as legs, heating and generates the entire cycle automatically.
What's important here is that automatic programmes are divided into two groups. The first are programmes that are targeted at the place of action. We have programs that affect, for example, the upper parts, i.e. they can massage the jugular and chest sections. The pads will work more effectively on the upper parts of the spine. There are also automatic programs that are directed to lower parts, i.e. they will take care of the legs, the lumbar section. By choosing these programs we decide which part of the body is going to be massaged by the chair, whether it is the upper or lower part, or others specified in this automatic program.
The second type of automatic programs are those aimed at the effect we want to achieve. We are talking about relaxing programs, before sleep, to get rid of fatigue, sore muscles, meaning that the whole sequence of all the massage techniques and other functions is designed to achieve the effect of relaxation and loosening of tense muscles and it is predefined in this automatic program. To sum up, the main difference is that in the manual program you do everything yourself, so unless you set it right away, you still have to play with the remote and look for your favorite functions. And in the automatic program there is this convenience that it's all predefined, you turn on the program, lie down, close your eyes and have 15-20 minutes of guaranteed comfortable massage session.
Recommend to read:
Massage armchair – different prices
While reading this article, You will see the difference between price brackets of massage armchai ...
Massage chair video
Some time ago we launched channels on Vimeo and YouTube and introduced our first film productions ...
Comparison of all Massaggio massage chairs
Before buying a massage chair, our customers are looking for the ideal model for themselves, they ...